Welcome to the StarCraft II Mafia Wiki (SC2Mafia Wiki)
Welcome to the StarCraft II Mafia Wiki (SC2Mafia Wiki)! On the site, you will find pages for all of the roles in SC2Mafia, and some gameplay tips and strategies for getting started and familiarizing yourself with the game. Please note that gameplay strategies and tactics are constantly evolving and tips or tricks posted here may be well known to more experienced players. Therefore, you may need to employ more unique and clever strategies in order to succeed in some cases.
What is SC2Mafia?
SC2Mafia is a custom game created by Dark.Revenant playable as an Arcade game in Blizzard's Starcraft II. Similar to other web-based Mafia games, SC2Mafia is inspired by the classic party game of the same name but features a faster pace and a wide range of different role options. The only requirement to play SC2Mafia is a copy of Starcraft II. People who have not purchased the game can also download Starcraft II Starter Edition, which has been made available by Blizzard for free. SC2Mafia features a strong player base and loyal community of users who are playing games at almost any time during the day. This Wiki is intended to be a reference / a strategy compendium for SC2Mafia specifically and other Mafia variants, including Forum Mafia.
What You Need to Know
Before starting your first game, it is a good idea to know a little bit about what type of game Mafia is. SC2Mafia can be a very fast-paced game at times, and without knowing a little about it before you start, it may be difficult to keep up, especially when you have to make decisions within minutes in order to survive.What is Mafia exactly? If you've never played the party game before, it may be helped to read the Wikipedia article linked above. Otherwise, at its core: Mafia is a party game... modelling a conflict between an informed minority (the mafia) and an uninformed majority (the innocents). At the start of the game each player is secretly assigned a role affiliated with one of these teams. The game has two alternating phases: "night", during which the mafia may covertly "murder" an innocent, and "day", in which surviving players debate the identities of the mafiosi and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia has been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumbers the innocents."
Check out the Game Guide for an overall, general idea of how to play the game. READ THIS FIRST!
Next StepsOkay, so you've played a few games of Mafia now. Or, maybe, you just want to really give yourself the best head-start that you can before diving in. Below is a series of links that will help you gain greater familiarity with each role, its alignment, goals, and how to play it effectively.
One Final Point: SC2Mafia is a game. Above all else, have fun and enjoy playing it!
Strategies and GuidesWant to check out some advanced strategies, for old and new players alike? Check out our strategy and gameplay section:
- General Strategy – A guide of basic strategies applicable to any role in Mafia.
- Town Strategy – Playing an effective townsperson and coordinating during the day.
- Mafia Strategy – Targeting players and staying strategically active throughout the game.
- Setups – Browse some user-created setups to try out as well as all the related strategies.
New to Mafia? Check out one of the guides available on the Wiki to help get you started:
- Game Guide – A complete newbie guide with everything you need to know to play.
- Hosting Guide – A guide dedicated to helping people host different variants and setups.
- Terminology – A compendium of some of the terms that you may come across in SC2Mafia.
- Mechanics – A guide to better understand how the more complex things in the game work.
- Commands – List of all in-game commands.
- Color List – List of player color for purposes of using commands.
- Unlockables – List of unlock-able prizes.
- Color Name – Examples and information about how to use color in a name.
- Achievements – A comprehensive list of the Achievements in Mafia.
Information about the game's rules, player reporting, punishments, and game staff.
- Rules – A list of rules to make everything fair and fun for everyone.
- Rules FAQ - Answers to many of repeat questions received about Mafia rules.
- Player Reporting – Guide on how to report a player for breaking Mafia rules.
- Punishment – List of all the punishments that may be given to players who are found to be cheating.
- SC2Mafia Staff – Learn more about the staff who maintain the game and forums.
Really love Mafia and want even more? Try Forum Mafia, the long-form version hosted on SC2Mafia.com!
- Forum Mafia – This article is an introduction to Forum Mafia and the differences between it and SC2Mafia.
- Forum Mafia Game Types – Learn about the different types of Forum Mafia games: S-FMs, M-FMs, and FMs.
- Signing Up for Forum Mafia Games – This article provides a basic overview of how to sign up for an Forum Mafia game.
- Forum Mafia Roles – A compendium of some of the roles that you may come across in Forum Mafia.
- Forum Mafia Terminology – A compendium of some the terms and abbreviations that you may come across in Forum Mafia.
Want to learn more about SC2Mafia.com and the Mafia website community?
- SC2Mafia.com – Information about our official website.
Mafia has a constantly growing and dedicated community. Visit us at our forum website, SC2Mafia.com, and join the chat channel "-Mafia-" on Battle.Net.
|Town||Bodyguard • Bus Driver • Citizen • Coroner • Crier • Detective • Doctor • Escort • Investigator • Jailor • Lookout • Marshall • Mason • Mason Leader • Mayor • Sheriff • Spy • Stump • Veteran • Vigilante|
|Town Investigative • Town Protective • Town Government • Town Killing • Town Power|
|Mafia||Agent • Beguiler • Blackmailer • Consigliere • Consort • Disguiser • Framer • Godfather • Janitor • Kidnapper • Mafioso|
|Mafia Deception • Mafia Killing • Mafia Support|
|Triad||Administrator • Deceiver • Dragon Head • Enforcer • Forger • Incense Master • Informant • Interrogator • Liaison • Silencer • Vanguard|
|Mafia Deception • Mafia Killing • Mafia Support|
|Neutral||Amnesiac • Arsonist • Auditor • Cultist • Executioner • Jester • Judge • Mass Murderer • Scumbag • Serial Killer • Survivor • Witch • Witch Doctor|
|Neutral Benign • Neutral Evil • Neutral Killing|